After a clean swipe to victory in the election, Prime Minister Narender Modi addressed the denizens of India on Independence Day from the Red Fort, New Delhi. In his deliverance, he said, “India does not want incremental progress. A high jump is needed, our thought process has to be expanded. We have to keep in mind global best practices and build good systems.”
PM Modi in his address talked about the repeal of Article 370 & Article 35A in Jammu & Kashmir and the efforts they put amid of opposition. He questioned that if these articles were crucial and life-changing, why these were not permanent but temporary.
Apart from the celebration in New Delhi, the day was commemorated all over the country, the below-written highlights shall ponder over it:
- National Security Advisor, Ajit Doval attended Independence Day at Sher-e-Kashmir stadium in Srinagar along with the Governor of Jammu & Kashmir, Satya Pal Malik.
- Vladimir Putin, President of Russia wished the President and the Prime Minister of India on 73rd Independence Day in writing. The News agency ANI reported it in a tweet, sourcing Russian Embassy for the information.
- Independence day was also celebrated with zest and zeal at Leh by BJP’s Ram Madhav. In his speech, he expressed the joy, “This Independence Day is very special for the entire country, there is also the additional significance of securing Union Territory (UT) status. I’m happy to be a part of the celebrations of the first Independence Day of the UT of Ladakh.”
- Similar enthusiasm was observed in the speech of Governor of Jammu & Kashmir Satya Pal Malik, “I assure the people of Jammu & Kashmir that their identity is not on the line, it hasn’t been tampered with. The constitution of India allows different regional identities to flourish.” (Source- ANI News Agency). He supported the decision of the Central Government by saying that it is not only a historic step but also has opened the door to the development of the people of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Independence Day was celebrated at Congress Party office, New Delhi with tricolor flag hoisting ceremony by Sonia Gandhi.
- Tricolour Flag was hoisted by Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) at OP Dorjila Post, Sikkim.
On a whole, the occasion has concluded to a joyful, with a spirit of oneness with PM Modi’s appeal of ‘One Nation, One Constitution’ to further which he added, “ One Nation, One Constitution- this spirit has become a reality and India is proud of that.” Adding further, “ GST brought to life the dream of One Nation, One Tax. India has also achieved One Nation, One Grid in the energy sector. Arrangements have been made for One Nation, One Mobility Card. Today, India is talking about One Nation, One Election.”