Independence Day is yearly celebrated on 15 August, as a national occasion in India honoring the country’s freedom from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947. The UK Parliament passed the Indian Independence Act 1947 shifting reliable energy to the Indian Constituent meeting.
India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
It was 15 August 1947, when India finally become an independent nation the interesting date. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, India’s first Prime Minister, unfurled the tricolor flag on the Red Fort. In India, Doordarshan broadcasts the entire occasion live, usually starting with the shehnai music of veteran Ustad Bismillah Khan.
History of Independence Day
The British came to India in 1608 to trade, and Vasco de Gama came to India in 1498 to do the same. He was Continental. After this, the French and Dutch arrived in India to trade, but the English were last to arrive. At first, they dealt with cotton, silk, indigo, salt, tea, and opium. Then, they constructed a domain in India. It ruled us from 1757 to1947 – for a long time. The Indian independence motion began all through World-War I and turned into led by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He supported for a quiet British principle.
Independence Day in India is intensely celebrated all through the country.
In celebration of India’s independence day on August 15, its streets are decorated with the Tri-colors of the national flag. As celebrations take place throughout the country from India’s capital city Delhi, home to the seventeenth century Red Fort that used to fill in as a political focus. It is the main staging area for Independence Day festivities. On the eve of Independence Day, the president of India conveys an official speech by means of his office, known as ‘Address to the Nation’. A celebration of India’s Independence Day begins with the arrival of the Prime Minister of India on August 15. He gets a general salute from the Guard of Honor, that consists of representatives from the three wings of the Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force) and the Delhi Police.
India celebrates its 73rd Independence Day in more than one different ways:
- The Prime Minister to the people to give bright suggestions for his Independence Day speech through the Narendra Modi or Namo App.
- A football competition that is named as “Naga 73rd Independence Day Football Tournament 2019” initiated on 28th July at Naga in North Sikkim.
- Panchayat Heads of Bhartiya Janata Party in J&K raise the Tricolor in their homes.
- All schools under North Delhi Municipal Corporation show photographs of the present President and the Prime Minister of India.
- The Government of India rejected the Article 370 from J&K, through a Presidential request on 5th August 2019.
- 300 meters of a person on foot inviting walkway open for populace from the Chandni Chowk zone of New Delhi.
- Banaras Hindu University go totally paperless on the 73rd Independence Day.
- In the wake of the intelligence contribution from security powers, the security in the capital city increased.
- Likewise, a warning issued to the tourists in Kashmir valley, to leave the valley at the earliest opportunity.
- Security boosted in Delhi in wake of intelligence input indicating towards terrorist activities targeting Independence Day.
- Senior administration of INC (Indian National Congress) express the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) that get another chief by this Independence Day.
- News is originating from New York about New York’s India Day parade. It sort out on 18 August. The American-Indian people group will honor the sacrifice and valor of Indian soldiers. This year the topic is “Support our Troops, Salute our Troops”.
- The Government of India sort out a poster design competition on 73rd Independence Day. The challenge depends on the subject “Changing Face of India – Independence Day 2019”. There is no age bar and the challenge is open till 10th August for each native of India.