Independence Day is yearly celebrated on 15 August, as a national occasion in India honoring the country’s freedom from the United Kingdom on 15 August 1947, the UK Parliament passed the Indian Independence Act 1947 shifting authoritative energy to the Indian Constituent meeting. Independence coincided with the partition of India, in which India changed into separated along non-secular lines into the Dominions of India and Pakistan.
It was 15 August 1947, when India finally become an independent nation the noteworthy date, on which sovereign India’s first Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru unfolded the tricolor flag of the country on the Red Fort. The day is extensive within the records of India as bringing a cease to the British colonial rule in India. The whole occasion is broadcast by Doordarshan, India’s national telecaster, and generally starts with the shehnai music of famous veteran Ustad Bismillah Khan.
Britishers came to India in 1608 for trade. In 1498, Vasco da Gama first came to India looking for trade prospects. He was Portuguese. It turned into the first time the Europeans discovered the journey to India. After this, the French and Dutch began coming to India for trade. English came last. At first, they were occupied with the trade of cotton, silk, indigo color, salt, tea, and opium. Afterward, they constructed a domain in India (for even a lot of trade & tax, that they sent to England creating it the foremost powerful kingdom) and ruled us from 1757 to1947 – for a long time. The Indian independence motion began all through World-War I and turned into led by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, who supported for a quiet and non-violent stop to British principle.
Every year on August 15, the streets of India are embellished with the Tri-colors of the national flag as the country celebrates its day of independence. Although celebrations take place throughout the country, India’s capital city Delhi, home to the seventeenth century Red Fort that used to fill in as a political focus, is the main staging area for Independence Day festivities. On the eve of Independence Day, the president of India conveys an official speech by means of his office, known as ‘Address to the Nation’, which is communicated broadly. On the morning of August 15, the celebration kicks off with the arrival of the Prime Minister of India who gets a general salute from the Guard of Honor, which consists of representatives from the three wings of the Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy and Air Force) and the Delhi Police.
Independence Day in India is intensely celebrated all through the country. The enthusiasm is effectively felt from Delhi to lengths and breadths of the country. This year as well, the festivals will be striking as India celebrates its 73rd Independence Day, which will be unique in more than one different ways:
- From his Twitter handle, the Prime Minister has spoken to the people to give profitable suggestions for his Independence Day speech through the Narendra Modi or Namo App.
- A football competition named “Naga 73rd Independence Day Football Tournament 2019” was initiated on 28th July at Naga in North Sikkim.
- Panchayat Heads of Bhartiya Janata Party in J&K will raise the Tricolor in their homes.
- All schools under North Delhi Municipal Corporation will show photographs of the present President and the Prime Minister of India.
- The Government of India has rejected the Article 370 from J&K, through a Presidential request on 5th August 2019.
- 300 meters of a person on foot inviting walkway will be open for populace from the Chandni Chowk zone of New Delhi.
- Banaras Hindu University will go totally paperless on the 73rd Independence Day.
- In the wake of the intelligence contribution from security powers, the security in the capital city has been increased.
- Likewise, a warning has been issued to tourists in Kashmir valley, to leave the valley at the earliest opportunity.
- Security is stepped up in Delhi in wake of intelligence input indicating towards terrorist activities targeting Independence Day.
- Senior administration of INC (Indian National Congress) has expressed that the Delhi Pradesh Congress Committee (DPCC) will get another chief by this Independence Day.
- News is originating from New York, that this year New York’s India Day parade, will be sorted out on 18 August, the American-Indian people group will honor the sacrifice and valor of Indian soldiers. This would be the 39th New York’s India Day parade composed by the Federation of Indian Association (FIA). This year the topic is “Support our Troops, Salute our Troops”.
- The Government of India under the Department of Outreach and Communication has sorted out a poster design competition on 73rd Independence Day. The challenge depends on the subject “Changing Face of India – Independence Day 2019”. There is no age bar and the challenge is open till 10th August for each native of India.
Share your views on how you will contribute to the glorified day of Indian history in the comment section below.